Eating in tune with your menstrual cycle
Do you want to boost your fertility and eat more in tune with your menstrual cycle?
The idea is in order to conceive, the lower body likes it warm. For that reason, it is essential that you reduce or better fully avoid any cold and raw foods, especially at night time. Choose room temperature water and skip the ice cream, the smoothies, yoghurt and frozen berries. Ensure that all meals at night time are warm and cooked. If you choose to have a salad at night, be sure to incorporate warm meat.
Day 1 -7
While you are having your menstruation
· Increase your intake of red and orange vegetables such as beetroot, red capsicum, carrot, sweet potato, pumpkin and berries (all types although the darker the better)
· Increase your intake of red meats bone marrow, i.e. bone broth
· Focus on more warming herbs on more warming herbs such as cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, paprika, coriander, black pepper, onion, spring onions, chives and saffron.
· Increase other blood builders such as dark leafy greens, (spinach, bok choy, watercress, kelp and wheatgrass), Barley, corn, oats, rice, quinoa, mussel, sardine, tuna, black sesame, parsley, artichoke, and alfalfa sprouts.
TIP: Try a warm sushi bowl, with a mix of rice and quinoa, with warmed up veggies and just break up the kelp/seaweed sheets, add black sesame some warming herbs on top, so easy so delicious.
Day 7 – 16
In the 10 days following your menses,
· Eat more eggs, avocado, salmon, mushrooms and beans (kidney beans, broad beans etc.)
· Focus on increasing the red & orange foods
· Focus on more warming herbs such as cinnamon, nutmeg, turmeric, paprika, coriander, black pepper, onion, spring onions, chives and saffron.
· Increase your intake of chicken (or chicken bone broth)
Day 14 – 22
· Be mindful to include lots of fresh vegetables. Choose white and green ones such as cauliflower, squash, celery, wombok cabbage, Zucchini and Broccoli.
· Increase Olive Oil, Olives, Macadamias, Almonds, (nuts and seeds), Avocado, Figs, Eggs, Coconut Oil.
Day 21 – 28
Getting ready for your menses,
· It is time to ‘go for green’ and include lots of green and leafy vegetables such as spinach, kale, celery and bok choy, broccoli, asparagus, beans, preferably steamed or stir-fried.